Afro-Cuban Forum (at times referred to as “organization”) is an international organization dedicated to the rescue and defense of the values of the Afro Cuban heritage. We seek to encourage the gathering of cubans of African descent and of those who appreciate our heritage, regardless of phenotypic discrepancies, in order to integrate ourselves to the greater Hispanic community and the greater African diaspora. We seek to integrate ourselves into the whole society at large in an atmosphere of respect, self respect, and cooperation. We will put an end to the perverse cycle of centuries of imposed and self imposed silence by virtue of which Afro Cubans are defined, described and categorized by scholars alien to their problematic. Identifying all potential conjunctures conducive to improve the economic status of Afro Cubans on both sides of the Florida straits and worldwide. Participation by members in the organization's activities, meetings, events, and programs is subject to the observance of the organization's rules, guidelines, procedures, and code of conduct. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited and are a prerequisite to membership. Any member who violates this Code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from the organization without a refund of dues or other fees:
1. Failing to observe rules and guidelines enacted by the organization.
2. Not respecting or encouraging the expression of differing viewpoints of other members.
3. Holding yourself out to the public as holding a position in the organization that you actually do not hold.
4. Expression of an opinion on behalf of the organization to the public without the consent of the
5. The unsanctioned use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on the organization's property, its meetings, or
6. Bringing to the organization's property, meetings, or events dangerous or unauthorized materials such as
explosives, firearms, weapons, or other similar items.
7. Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow member, affiliate, or guest.
8. Failing to act in a fashion that encourages or develops public trust of the organization.
9. Actual or threatened violence or verbal or physical harassment toward another member, affiliate, or guest.
10. Personal, business, or organizational conduct that puts your reputation or that of the organization in a
negative light or that tends to bring negative public or government scrutiny to the organization.
11. Failing to respect and follow at all times all state, local, and federal laws.
12. Failing to conduct yourself in all organization matters with the highest of ethical standards.
13. Failing to reasonably participate in organizational activities or accomplish assigned duties.
I have read and I understand Afro Cuban Forum’s Code of Conduct. I agree to abide by the rules described above
and understand that I may be removed as a member with or without warning if I violate any of these rules.
Signature __________________________________________ Date _____________________
Print name:________________________________________ Telephone No.____________________________
Postal Mailing address: _________________________________________________________________________
Paid_____________, CC _________, Check____________, Cash_________________